Seven & One Insurance Brokers collects certain information about our clients and prospects for the purpose of providing Insurance solutions including cost, coverages and risk management services – but only when that information is provided by you or is obtained by us with your consent and authorization. In this regard, you represent to us that you have obtained any required consents for collection, use and disclosure to us of personal information required under applicable privacy legislation. We use this information to negotiate insurance coverages and other related solutions, or other services within the scope of our engagement.
Examples of sources from which we collect information include:
- Interviews and phone calls
- Letters or e-mails
- Applications and questionnaires
- Financial Reports and Statements for Management Liability, Directors and Officers Liability and other related liability for financial protection
The information obtained is shared with Insurance Companies and their representatives for the purpose of providing Insurance solutions including: cost, coverages and risk management services. Seven and One Insurance Brokers do not disclose personal information about our clients or former clients to anyone. However, to the extent permitted by law and any applicable provincial code of Professional Conduct certain non-public information about the company may be disclosed in the following situations:
- To comply with a validly issued and enforceable subpoena or summons
- In the course of a review of our firm’s practices under the authorization of a provincial or national regulatory and licensing board, or as necessary to properly respond to an inquiry or complaint from such a regulatory or licensing board or organization
- In the event of a prospective purchase, sale, or merger, provided that we take appropriate precautions such as, through a written confidentiality agreement, so the prospective purchaser or merger partner does not disclose information obtained in the course of the review
- As a part of any actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings either initiated by or against us, provided we disclose only the information necessary to file, pursue, or defend the lawsuit and take reasonable precautions to ensure that the information disclosed does not become a matter of public record
- To provide information to affiliates of the firm and non-affiliated third parties who perform services or functions for us in conjunction with our services to you, but only if we have a contractual agreement with the other party that prohibits them from disclosing or using the information other than for the purposes for which it was disclosed
Except as otherwise described above, we restrict access to non-public personal information about you to employees of our firm and other parties including Insurance companies and their representatives who must use that information to provide services to you. Their right to further disclose and use the information is limited by the policies of our firm, applicable law, our Code of Professional Conduct, and non-disclosure agreements, where appropriate. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to guard your personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or premature destruction.